I was driving home from class the other night with the windows down, enjoying the nice weather and watching the sun set to my right. Of course love songs after dark was on and I am a sucker for love songs! As I was singing along at the top of my lungs a tear slide down my cheek. I stopped and just listened to the words and enjoyed how I was feeling. The peace that I felt in my heart. The simple love.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
I love getting my weekly emails! It gives me something to look forward to and it is so great!! This week Jake told me he actually got something from me...not just something...A PACKAGE! It was the first thing he has gotten from me since he left to Tonga three months ago! You know how on Christmas you get a present for someone and it doesn't matter if you get anything or what you get all you care about is giving them their present and seeing there reaction!? Well that is how I feel right now! To know that he is actually getting things from me makes me want to be crazy and write him a million more times! haha :) Happy Christmas to Jake!
Monday, June 13, 2011
The love of my life and best friend left on a two year LDS mission to Tonga. Saying goodbye and him leaving was probably one of the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my life. We did almost everything together. Went through great and hard times. Had many laughs and cries together and I have felt so blessed to have him in my life. He has taught me so much and has been there for me every step of the way even when people have walked out on me. He has made me so incredibly happy and has served me with all of his heart. He probably has the biggest heart of anyone that I know! I just truly feel so blessed to have him in my life! On Wednesday January 5, 2011 he left onto a new adventure. Being a missionary of the lord and working so hard to learn Tongan and touch peoples hearts and share the gospel to them. I am so proud of him and the things that he is accomplishing. He is such an amazing missionary! He is a great example to me and makes me want to do better on the adventures that I am on also. He has changed my life for the better and continues to do so! I love him with all my heart!!! :)
Saying goodbye....For Now!
Here are some videos of Jake's last goodbyes!
Thursday, June 9, 2011
The Greatest Story Ever Told of Jake And Jenna! It all started sophomore year at Davis High School in the famous lunch room. He saw her from across the crowded room and "his world was changed." Time had passed and the young girl was oblivious till a dozen roses on the door step was an answer to her prayers! They then began there journey, spending every second they could together. From their first date, all the dances, the kisses, the tears, the laughs and the I love you's the rest is history. One day they will be back together again and can finally reach their Happily Ever After!
Monday, June 6, 2011
So...how do you really start a blog? I guess an introduction is a good place. I am Jenna Harris! I started this blog to get a little sappy about my life that is now lacking a little love. I will share my whole story later, but for now I will just say the love of my life left on an LDS mission for two years to Tonga. He has now been out for almost 6 months and i figured it was time I finally made blog to share our story! Right now I am going to school trying to get into the dental hygiene program and working at an orthodontics office. Some fun random facts about me...
1. I LOVE to laugh! Anyone who knows my laugh always tends to make fun of it, I get a chipmunk, machine gun, and a hyena. But it doesn't stop me! :)
2. I have recently learned that I have a muscle disformity, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
3. I would rather sing in front of a million people then get up and talk in front of five. If I am not talking (which is very rare) I am singing!
4. The relationships I have with people mean the world to me. I HATE when people are mad at me and I would do anything for a friend in need!
5. I am very emotional. I cry when i'm happy, sad, mad, frustrated or stressed. I cry during biggest looser...it get pretty bad sometimes! My excuse is my eyes are just very close to my heart.
6. Ever since I was young I fought for what I wanted. When I was three I hit my sister over
the head with the claw side of the hammer. She wouldn't let me color.
7. I am a huge list person. I love making lists and planning things out! When I get to cross something off my list i feel so accomplished.
MORE TO COME....